The Canadian High Commission has selected named Overbury as construction contractor for a £30m overhaul of Canada House in London’s Trafalgar Square.
The nine-month project, expected to be completed by the end of November 2014, will renovate and refurbish Canada House and connect it to the adjacent building at 2-4 Cockspur Street, which will also be upgraded.
The linked buildings will consolidate all Canadian High Commission activities in the UK in one location and will become the new Canada House on Trafalgar Square.
In June 2013 Stantec Ltd, which has offices in Canada and in the UK, was awarded the architectural, engineering and interior design services contract for the reconfiguration and renovation of the expanded Canada House.
First acquired by the Government of Canada in 1923, Canada House on Trafalgar Square is Canada’s historic diplomatic home in the UK. Neighbouring 2-4 Cockspur was constructed between 1926 and 1929 by a Canadian construction company and was recently acquired by the government of Canada.